Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Hearts in Darkness

Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: ebook, contemporary-romance, short-story, favorites
Read from December 23 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Short story - 85 pages.

Great story. Caden and Makenna get stuck on an elevator and the lights go out plunging them into darkness. Caden is very claustrophobic, but none of the skills he learned in therapy are helping. Then Makenna starts laughing about how her screwed up day just got worse and that helps to calm him. They start talking and start doing 20 questions, which ends up being a lot more and they find that they have a lot in common. The problem he thinks though is that he's covered in tattoos and piercings and scars from an early tragedy and is usually met with fear or disgust. Things start getting intimate though between them and Makenna and Caden are hoping it will last beyond their time in the elevator.

Usually these wam-bam romances are just fantasy to me, with me thinking no one can get that close in such a short period of time. But this book, I could believe it. I loved the softness of the story, I loved the kindness. I loved how the romance blossomed. I loved even their insecurities because that's real. Great story. I would recommend this book and plan on reading more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts in Darkness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leea This looks so good. How do you like it do far?

Carolyn F. I loved it Leea - it was such a great book I stayed up to 2 am to finish it. Would totally recommend it.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Great review, Carolyn! I really did enjoy this story. 2 people who probably wouldn't have even given each other a second glance? Beautiful story, very hot!

Carolyn F. Yes, I loved it too Dhestiny. Touching someone without seeing them before. Very sexy.