Jenn's Reviews > Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

F_50x66
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance

I got an e-reader for Christmas (not sure if I mentioned this or not) and I’m traveling now, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to take the e-reader for a test drive. The first book I read on it was Angels’ Blood, the first book in a new series by Nalini Singh. (I really enjoy her Psy/Changeling series, though I’ve yet to write about them on this site.) I had hesitated to pick this series up because I’m trying to borrow more from the library but, in the end, I couldn’t resist, especially after reading Sara and Deacon’s story in Must Love Hellhounds (which I wrote about here).

Angels’ Blood takes place a few years after Angels’ Judgment (Sara and Deacon’s novella) but reading one before the other doesn’t really impact the effect of either story. Angels’ Blood is Elena’s story. Elena is a guild hunter, trained to track down vampires who have gone rogue, fleeing their masters’ service. (In this case, their masters are angels. Angels are known to the general population, as are vampires, and this makes for some fun world-building.) In this novel, she’s hired by the Archangel Raphael to track down a very special being – another archangel who’s become an Angel of Blood, basically an angel with vampiric tendencies and a whackload of power.

It was a nice story, one I read quickly and enjoyed. Elena and Raphael are good lead characters and the supporting cast is also quite interesting. Tracking down the rogue archangel Uram makes for a good mystery plot, and the relationship between Elena and Raphael is fun to watch.

I’ve downloaded the next book in the series (Archangel’s Kiss) and also the first novella written in this world (Angels’ Pawn) and I look forward to reading more about Elena and her friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.