Kari Lewis's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

Mar 23, 12

Read in February, 2012

Hahaha, I finished this book back in February and I'm just getting to the review. Oops.

It took me a while to get into Crossed. I really enjoyed Matched; I fell in love with Ally Condie's writing and the Society. However, Crossed kind of bored me. It was definitely suffering from second book syndrome and moved really slow at parts. There was a lot of where is he/she, I love him/her, running through cave stuff. Like someone else's review said, the entire book could been condensed down to 100 pages.

It was also told in alternating POVs - one chapter Cassia (did you know her name is pronounced cash-a? I've been calling her Cass-e-ah!) then the next was Ky. While Condie's writing is wonderful, I couldn't always tell the difference between Ky and Cassia's chapters. I'd be reading along thinking it was one and then something would be said and I'd be like ...wait, so it's the other person's chapter?

To be honest, the only characters I don't like are the ones we aren't suppose to like and Ky. Something about Ky just bugs me, don't ask me what cause I don't know. I totally get why so many people like him! I just... don't. And I don't get their love. To me it just seems like Cassia liked him because she wasn't suppose to. I love Xander. He's so sweet and a great friend to Cassia and I really think they'd be so awesome together. I really hope the ending for him isn't what I'm thinking it will be. But anyway, there was also a few new characters introduced in this book that I really liked. Vick, Eli, Indie, and Hunter were all awesome, interesting and sometimes sad and I can't wait to see where their storylines are going to go!

I loved learning more about the Society. I loved the shock about Xander and the blue pills! My face ---> :OOO I'm really really looking forward to the third book so I can see how it all wraps up. Not to mention finally learn who the heck the Enemy is! Am I the only one who's still completely out of the loop on that one? (Guess not, Best Friend was asking the same questions. Haha!) Anyway, the book had it's high/good points but it was still pretty slow and transitioning. I'm ready for the last book to come out now, please.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

02/28/2012 page 23