Holly's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: own, angels-demons, debuts, series
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

I bought this a while ago after seeing what good reviews it got here. Plus, it had garnered a lot of attention for being good, so I just bought it.

It was really good. I like Anna and her "good-girl" attitude. She's not annoyingly prim or anything, but she tends to play by the rules. That's usually how I fall. And it put her in sharp contrast with her new friends, like Kaidan. (The pronunciation of his name really throws me off. I keep wanting to say it like Kay-dan, not Ky-dan.)

I really liked the story line. It's creative and enticing. I always wanted to see what would happen next, especially when it involved Anna and Kaidan. The boy has weaseled his way into my heart. I'm likely suffering from the common delusion of "Oh, this boy can change if someone would just show him some love." You know, like every girl does at some point.

There's the beginning of a love triangle in this, which I wasn't expecting and really kind of exasperates me. Ah well. I'm still going to stick with the series.

It never came off exactly "preachy", but there were times when it may have been borderline for me and others like me. It's very obviously a good vs. evil fight in this book, with "good" being "God" and not just like, kindness, generosity, and respect. Universal themes of goodness, I mean. I just feel that narrowing it to a specific religion limits the story. But obviously, that's my opinion.

It's a good read. Exciting, mysterious, and emotional. But it didn't blow my socks off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

Quotes Holly Liked

Wendy Higgins
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.”
Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil

Wendy Higgins
“Good gracious, he was sexy—a word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.”
Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil