Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Supernaturally Kissed

bookshelves: literal-addiction-books, reviewed
Read in November, 2011

Supernaturally Kissed, Book #1 of the Frostbite series
Author: Stacey Kennedy

Synopsis: Ghosts harass and annoy Tess Jennings to save their souls. Sometimes she helps them. Other times she ignores them. But one ghost will give her no choice.
Kipp McGowen, a cop with the Memphis Police Department, will stop at nothing to gain her help, including using his ghostly charms to seduce her.
Tess must help solve the five year old cold case of Hannah Reid, because solving the case will save Kipp. But a bigger problem presents itself. Tess is falling in love with a ghost. Now she must decide. Keep Kipp forever or find the killer…

Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:
I’m a lover and follower of Stacey’s work, and I had thought that I had read pretty much everything she had out there until I discovered that Stolen Dreams was rewritten as Supernaturally Kissed and was given the opportunity to read and review it. I had also thought that I had a lockdown on my favorite Kennedy Hunk, and that he had no competition… boy was I wrong!

With Supernaturally Kissed, Stacey hooks you less than 5 pages in and doesn’t let go, well… ever, because when you finish the last page you will be yearning for Book #2 to be in your hands immediately.

Tess is an extraordinary female lead that I had no problems identifying with immediately despite her unique gift. She’s sassy, spunky, smart, brave and just the right amount of insecure.

Kipp is… to die for. [Hee hee]. He’s everything I would ever want in a man – self assured, sensitive, strong willed, intuitive, honorable, and sexy as sin.

The supporting characters are perfect for the story arc and Stacey places and introduces them at exactly the right moments to make the plot thicken perfectly like a well prepared turkey gravy.

While the story starts out quickly, I never once felt like I was missing anything or wondering about how we got there, and it honestly never slowed down, which made me skip meals, ignore phone calls, and devour the book in one sitting.

There is a whole lot of mystery, intrigue, and romance in Supernaturally Kissed, which will leave you with feelings of surprise, frustration, shock, tenderness, trepidation, longing, and a whole smattering of other emotions along with plenty of laughter, which makes this murder mystery unlike most others.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Supernaturally Kissed 5 Skulls, of which it is well deserving in my honest opinion. We would recommend it to ALL Stacey Kennedy fans (even those who may have read Stolen Dreams), every Paranormal Romance junkie out there, Romantic Suspense lovers and even some Urban Fantasy buffs (if you don’t mind some wicked romance with your dark fantasy). Honestly, anyone who is looking for a quick paced, emotion filled read with mystery, suspense, romance and humor should read Supernaturally Kissed!

Another standing “O” for Stacey Kennedy. Supernaturally Kissed was amazing, and I absolutely cannot wait for book #2.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernaturally Kissed.