Laura's Reviews > Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: food, cookbooks
Read from November 19 to December 01, 2011

I feel I've used this enough to leave a little review. I have made MANY loaves of bread from this cookbook, from three of the recipes: the basic recipe, the light whole wheat loaf, and the olive oil dough (for pizza). All of them have been delicious. The whole process is very simple and creates a nice loaf for toast, sandwiches, french toast, etc. The results are different than the Lahey no-knead bread, which turns out lovely as well, but is crustier and with a lighter crumb. This bread is definitely denser and the crust is chewier and softer than the Lahey recipe.

Since I bought this cookbook, I have baked two to three loaves of fresh bread a week and always have bread dough in my fridge. I have always wanted to make my own bread, but was intimidated by the process. This book has changed that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.