Norman's Reviews > Death on the Nile

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

Nov 18, 11

After finished reading this novel, I am reminded of an old fable of a man buying land as far as he can walk. When the sun sets he cannot get back to where he started in the morning. He finally dies of thirst and regret.

I have been meaning to read this, as it is listed next to 'And Then There Were None' and 'Murder on the Orient Express'. I must say it starts rather differently from her previous novels, and it is quite refreshing to see Poirot out of stuffy London.

What do you do when you have everything? Linnet Ridgeway did the most abominable thing imaginable to another woman and her best friend: take her man. So is there any wonder that tensions rise when Linnet finds her ex best friend turns to stalking her during their honeymoon in Egypt? However, Linnet fears more than being stalked: she fears for her life. She then turns to Hercule Poirot, who instead soundly berates her and refuses to help her mediate things. What follows next is an amazing display of a deadly trick of shell-under-the-cone, where she loses her life.

This time, Poirot is faced with the possibility of two murderers: one attempted, the other successful. Can he solve it before more people lose their lives aboard the cruise?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death on the Nile.