Megan's Reviews > Against the Law

Nov 20, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from November 18 to 20, 2011

It was just ok.

I had to load up my Kindle for a flight. And this was an ok way to pass the time.

Lark Delaney needs the P.I. help of Devlin Raines to fulfill her promise to her dying sister. Her sister gave up a baby for adoption in her teens, and she asked Lark to make sure her daughter is happy and with a good loving family.

Devlin, though retired from field work, takes on the case, as Lark is referred to him by an Army Ranger buddy who saved Devlin's life. They discover things are not as they should be with the adoption and with Lark's niece's life.

As the couple follow the trail from adoption agency to adoptive parents, Lark and Devlin discover a mutual attraction. Only, Dev is one of those confirmed bachelors, Lark is a driven professional at the top of her game (she designs handbags), and they live in two different states.

Of course they eventually resolve those issues and get their HEA, but not before she wields a gun, they go on a mission and a trek through the desert, and other action scenarios.

Huh, and still with all that, I felt like I was being driven from plot point to plot point. I just could not get involved with the characters. So, yeah, it was an ok read to me at that moment in time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Against the Law.