Skye's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

Quotes Skye Liked

Christopher Paolini
“It was as if his point of view had, within seconds, gone from that of an ant to that of an eagle.
For the sky was hollow, and the world was round.”

Christopher Paolini
“If you don't make a few ememies now and then, you're a coward-or worse. Besides, it as worth it to see his reaction. Oh, he was angry!
- Angela to Eragon”

Christopher Paolini
“He's acting as foolish as a kitten... but then, everyone's entitled to a little foolishness once in a while.”

Christopher Paolini
“As he was about to leave, she said, "Murtagh."
He paused and turned to regard her.
She hesitated for a moment, then mustered her courage and said, "Why?" She though he understood her meaning: Why her? Why save her, and now why try to rescue her? She had guessed at the answer, but she wanted to hear him say it.
He stared at her for the longest while, and then, in a low, hard voice, he said, "You know why.”

Christopher Paolini
“Then, as they stood there, struggling back and forth without avail, Eragon said in a low fierce voice, "I...see...you."
A bright spark appeared in Arya's eyes, then vanished just as quickly.”

Christopher Paolini
“She lowered her head until it was at his level. He stroked the line of her jaw, and then pressed his forehead against her hard snout and held her as tightly as he could, her scales sharp against his fingers. Hot tears began to slide down his cheeks.
'Why do you cry?' she asked.
'Because... I'm lucky enough to be bonded with you.'
'Little one.”

Christopher Paolini
“You cannot learn what you are made of if you rely on anyone or anything else to help you.”

Christopher Paolini
“I am not who I was,' he whispered, gripping the edges of the column, 'but I know who I am.'...
'And I won't give up.”