Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Godplayer

Godplayer by Robin Cook

Nov 18, 11

Read in November, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is one of the earlier books written by Robin Cook.

Cassie, a 1st year medical student, marries the ullustrious Dr. Thomas Kingsley. Thomas thinks that the hospital should bow down to him as he is what brought Boston Memorial hospital to the map and made it what it is. In the meantime, Cassie begins to suspect that her husband is taking drugs partly due in part to his outburst and anger.

Cassie has no support from anyone when trying to confront Thomas about this--his mother does not like her, the chief lets Thomas get away with just a quick remark along of the lines, of I am not an addict, just an occassional pill here and there.

In the meantime, Cassie--who use to be a pathology resident and dealing with her diabetes, has a good friend Robert who is looking into some SSD deaths that he is working on. Thomas does not like Robert nor the fact that Cassie is somewhat involved in it.

Even though this is a quick read, I was able to figure out pretty quickly as to where the story line was headed and what the ending was. Given that it is one of the first written by him, it was not bad--books that were written later had a bit more character in the character, and it do not feel like some people where just thrown into the storyline. I do like his books and I will continue to read them as I go along.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Godplayer.

message 1: by Tesa (new)

Tesa Fallon As with many of these novels, they are "fun" and quick reads. I love all of them as a "guilty" pleasure. Those of us who had to read long and sometimes very dry books in undergraduate work, these are just easy but exciting reads. Got to love some characrters like Dr. Jack Stapleton from "Marker" and hate some like "Jazz" also from "Marker" which I am reading now.