Holden Attradies's Reviews > Flip This Zombie

Flip This Zombie by Jesse Petersen

Nov 18, 12

bookshelves: fiction, zombie, humor
Read in November, 2012, read count: 2

Just like the first book (Married with Zombies) this book was a good, solid, funny, smooth read. I'd even say this one was better than the first. It manages to be both kind of making fun of the chick-lit genre and the zombie genre yet some how managing to be being kind of faithful to both.

I'm not exactly sure what I liked more about this... I do enjoy the post apocalyptic genre very much and this was solidly set while the first one took place at the very opening of the zombie outbreak. I guess maybe it had to do with the first book being about setting up the main characters and their world and the outbreak, and this one with all of that established was just a good old romp through the wastes.

The humor in this book was outstanding. And it wasn't really situational humor, there were no like slap stick moments, but the main characters narration has is peppered with witty comments and pop culture references. I'd say the books only possible flaw is that if your not younger (under 35ish) you might not get or enjoy the humor in here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flip This Zombie.

11/18/2011 page 131
52.0% "This is totally my "keep in my jacket pocket for while I'm waiting to pick my kido up at school" book"
show 1 hidden update…