Mandy Moody's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: apocolyptic, fanstasy, young-adult
Read in November, 2011

This one probably only deserved 3.5 stars, but since I read it at the same time I was reading Tiger's Curse, it got a boost.

Matched caught my eye about a hundred times before I actually read it. It sits on a central shelf in my local Barnes and Noble and it's girl-in-a-green-bubble just intrigued me so much.
I was hesitant to buy, however. Young Adult books are not the type I normally put on my shelves at home. They have to be pretty spectacular for that.
Instead, I put it on hold at the library.

It came in. I picked it up. It sat on my side table for nearly 3 weeks while I trudged through other, less interesting books. Then I got an email from the library telling me it was due back - and non-renewable, as it was on hold for someone else. I had 3 days.
I didn't need it.

From page one of Matched I was hooked. Plunged (whole heartedly) into the dream-monitoring, official-populated, death-at-80-mandated dystopian world where Cassia is suddenly questioning everything for the first time.
This book made me FEEL. It was so easy to put myself in Cassia's shoes, and her decisions really were tough ones. I felt like she was so realistically written - her dilemmas were dilemmas I would have had, too.

Matched is similar to, yet completely different from, The Hunger Games. I wouldn't say it was the same caliber, but I certainly enjoyed it. I can't wait to read Crossed :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.