Eileen's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Nov 18, 11

Read on November 18, 2011

Steve Jobs, Bill Gates...fascinating men. Genius's who have forever changed the world.

Jobs would have been difficult to work for yet his passion/obsession for Apple has impacted all of us.

I think he died with dignity, certainly his family buried him with quiet dignity....no jets overhead, just private family memorial.

I was impressed by his 'awe' of the Beatles and his quest to come to terms with the Beatles, Apple and music for his Ipods. I had no idea what was involved.

I was also touched by his final meeting with Bill Gates and how 'two old friends' came together to reminisce, agree to disagree, and share hopes and plans for education of our youth. Both men have 'ideas' that can improve education.

Steve Jobs meeting with President Obama....well the President was definitely out of his league with Steve Jobs.

Personally, I am saddened at his passing. I am not an Apple fan, I don't own an Ipad, or a MAC, etc. But I admire his success, his genius, his privacy, his style. He was not easy to deal with, in fact he was often ruthless...he made apologies where he could in his last years. From Atari to IPads...he changed the world. Where is the next Steve Jobs? Hope he is in America. Probably right there is Silicon Valley.

I trust his wife will use some of the billions to fund worthy causes...as his old friend Bill Gates
has done.

This is not a novel, there are very poignant glimpses into his love for his family, it is about the world of business, it is also about death and dying.

When you have time it is worth the read. ( Took me several late evenings to read ).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Thanks for your review Eileen!