Heather's Reviews > The Silver Chair

The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis

Jun 04, 2008

bookshelves: school-books-kid-books, read-alouds, teen-lit-and-i-love-it

I'm just going to give a generic opinion of the whole series.

We love them.

The end.

Okay, so maybe I'll tell you that we read them outloud to the kids almost 2 years ago. So they were 5 going on 6 and 2. They all loved them and followed the plot and talked about the characters during their play.

We're re-reading them again (now ages 8, 4 and 2) and they're loving them even more than the first time. All I hear, all day long is "For Narnia" and then they rush through the house, swords drawn. They have made Reepicheep figures out of pom-poms. They have conversations with the characters, "So Edmund, what do you think about the squirrel doing such and so?"

I think this is a series of books that needs to be read over and over again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silver Chair.

02/22/2016 marked as: read

Whitney Collins I love that you read to your children!!! You sound like a great mom, the kind I hope to be some day! So great to hear of kids who still love books and have active imaginations as opposed to video games and tv all day!

Hassan Jones The silver chair by C.S lewis is a fantasy novel about Eustace and jill running from their bully.They went to narnia.Eustace fell off a cliff because of jill.A lion named aslan sent jill on a quest,she had to remember four signs then find a prince named rilian.They meet dangerous like giants and other things.

There are several things i like about this book.The book can be confusing at times but if you read on you will find the answers.If you didn't read the other books before that you will be confused.The book has creativity in character and in the setting,The story has action and its thrilling for instance the part where they have to cross the giants bridge.you didn't know if they were going to get caught or if they would make it across.the book makes you want to keep reading.The book has a rising climax and then and then falling action,kinda like a fairy tale.

I recomend this book to people who enjoy fantasys.also to people who likes creativity and thriller.