Redheads Review it Better's Reviews > A Little Harmless Submission

A Little Harmless Submission by Melissa Schroeder

Nov 18, 2011

bookshelves: erotica
Read from November 17 to 19, 2011

Hott! Hott! Hott! If you haven't read any of Melissa Schroeder's books, you really need to. They are amazing! Now, I wouldn't be a good blogger if I didn't warn you that it's a pretty sexually intense book and of course I wouldn't want it any other way! ;)

Rome is a dream. Being a detective's wife, I have a soft spot for men in uniform so I was instantly in love with Rome. What made it even better is that he is a Dom. Yum! We are previously introduced to Rome in A Little Harmless Obsession (Evan and May's story) where he was actually crushing on May who of course had something intense going on with Evan. I thought he was quite sweet and hoped he would get his own story. I was happy to be able to get to know him much better. I love how when he first lays eyes on Maria, he knows there is something different and special about her. I love the instant attraction. The sparks literally fly off the pages they are so combustible. Rome's strong need to protect Maria is such a turn on. I love alpha males and their need to protect. It makes me feel like I am cherished and prized enough for the man to want to do whatever possible to keep me. Nothing beats that.

Having to live in her father's footsteps, Maria chose a life in the FBI because that was all she knew. Her mother died when she was young so her father took her to crime scenes. Who does that!?!? I know if I died and my husband took Broccoli (our son Brock) to crime scenes when he gets older, I'm pretty sure I would come back and haunt his ass! Lol. At least she isn't too messed up from that situation. She could have turned out much worse. She turns that time into her life as a learning time and becomes a great FBI agent but she would absolutely love to do something else in her life but doesn't realize this until she spends time with Rome and comes to care for him. He makes her realize it's ok to take chances and follow your own dreams.

I love the Harmless series. They are so phenomenal. You wouldn't think that an Erotic series would have much depth but this one will make you think and tear up at times. After you read/catch up and this series, Melissa has introduced another branch of the harmless novels that is terrific!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Harmless Submission.