Derrick's Reviews > Z for Zachariah

Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

M 50x66
Nov 18, 2011

The overall book Z for Zachariah isn’t bad. Although I would have liked it more if they writer kind of stuck with reality on the event of a nuclear war. I don’t think that living in a valley would save you from radiation. Maybe from the blast, but not the shockwave or the radiation and if this was a nuclear war I’m assuming that numerous bombs were dropped and that would make it even harder for people to survive. Having said that and if you can get around the fact that she might die of radiation poisoning it’s still a good book. I didn’t really like the ending but the overall story was okay. She did do things that I think a person in that situation would do. I liked how she was couscous about the man stranger. She doesn’t know if he is bad or not and I think a lot of people would feel the same way. After a nuclear war I don’t know if there would only be two people left I think that there would still be a few more than that but in her position she probably feels like she is the only one left in the world, that is until the man comes. Overall I didn’t think the book was all that great but it was an okay book, it’s a books you either like or you don’t like. Personally I thought it is okay, but you would have to see yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Z for Zachariah.