Jen's Reviews > The Demon King

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Nov 18, 2011

liked it
Read from December 28, 2011 to January 04, 2012

I'm listening to this on my iPhone. So far not much happening. Ok so some books work really well when you listen to them, and others do not. The Demon King I have a feeling would have been much better to read than listen too. I really think it's all in how good the narrator is. Han Allistair I pictured in my mind to be this big sort of husky boy(maybe not, but that's how I pictured him), and the narrators voice didn't change much for the characters so he sounded like a wimpy 10 year old boy. It was a little annoying. So the story itself was pretty good, the beginning pretty slow, but it really picked up about half way through. I was a little confused when the Clan leaders were revealing the big secret to Han with all the ancestry involved, but a lot may have gotten lost in translation. I'm confused about Han's relationship with Raisa (are they brother and sister? Or was their short meeting any significance) I really liked Amman, and can't wait to see what happens with him too. Hopefully all the answers are there in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon King.