Christiana's Reviews > Variant

Variant by Robison Wells

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: action-adventure, boy-meets-book, e-read, middle-school, high-school, mystery, teen-fic
Read from November 18 to 21, 2011

Compelling read with a plot twist I did not see coming AT ALL (and was still freaking out about while it was happening). The ending is so total cliffhanger (WHAT DOES THAT ENDING EVEN MEAN???), but the story was compelling enough for me that I will probably be up for the sequel.

I don't know, I want to say more about it, but I don't really feel strongly about this. It was a decent read and I stayed up late to finish. The characters were okay, but I wasn't attached to any of them. I was genuinely curious in where the story would go and how the story would be resolved, but I just wasn't dazzled. It was better than meh, but not as good as really liked and unfortunately I just can't put my finger on why. I should have liked this better than I did, so chances are it just wasn't the right time for this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Variant.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara Please let me know if you like this. I have it at home and think that it looks pretty good, but I have a million other books to read too!