Lilly Gayle's Reviews > Into the Fire

Into the Fire by Cherie Marks

Nov 18, 11

Read in October, 2011

After Chefs Shyann and Luke break up, they meet again on a reality cooking show. Shyann wants payback for what she sees as Luke's lies and betrayals. And besting him in the kitchen would put him in his place. Luke wants a chance to explain his previous actions and win back Shyann's heart. The kitchen's not the only thing that's hot. Shyann and Luke are cooking up a little heat of their own.

I don't read many short stories but wanted a quick story for an overnight trip. I wasn't disappointed. The dialogue was believable and sometimes humorous and the characters were well developed--more so than I expected for such a short story. Both Luke and Shyann had clear, logical motives for their actions and the conflict wasn't contrived.

Even when Luke did something seemingly unforgivable, I understood why he did it. I also knew he'd regret it. Which says a lot about characterization.

The sex was hot, almost erotic yet Ms. Marks tempered the scenes with emotion. Those who like erotica will be satisfied with the heat while those who prefer a bit less exposition in the bedroom will not be offended. A perfect blend sure to please.

I recommend INTO THE FIRE to anyone searching for a fun, fast-paced read or anyone who likes cooking shows and romance. I thoroughly enjoyed this
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Fire.