Kimberly's Reviews > The Ask and the Answer

Dec 06, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011
Read from November 18 to 25, 2011

This sequel to The Knife of Never Letting Go doesn't really feel like a sequel. There are lots of differences in the ways that the characters think and interact with each other.

Todd and Viola are separated for most of the book, and despite the close bond that they shared in the last book, they instantly let others manipulate them into mistrust in this book. Also, what's with the fact that Todd and Viola are super-important to everyone? I don't get it. There's no reason for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ask and the Answer.

Quotes Kimberly Liked

Patrick Ness
“Being a leader is making the people you love hate you a little more each day.”
Patrick Ness, The Ask and the Answer

Patrick Ness
“He looks up and the loss in his Noise is so great it feels like I'm standing on the edge of an abyss, that I'm about to fall down into him, into blackness so empty and lonely there'd never be a way out.
"Todd," I say again, a catch in my voice. "On the ledge, under the waterfall, do you remember what you said to me? Do you remember what you said to save me?"
He's shaking his head slowly. "I've done terrible things, Viola. Terrible things-"
"We all fall, you said." I'm gripping his hand now. "We all fall but that's not what matters. What matters is picking yourself up again.”
Patrick Ness, The Ask and the Answer