Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > Finding Our Way Home

Finding Our Way Home by Charlene Ann Baumbich

Nov 18, 11

bookshelves: christian
Read in November, 2011

was a pleasant surprise for me! It's a beautiful story about an unlikely friendship that forms between two people. Sasha is a retired ballerina, thanks to an unfortunate dancing accident. She moves back to her deceased mother's house in order to recover and attempt to pull herself out of depression. She hires Evelyn as a live-in helper. Evelyn is a 19 year old girl who is completely lost in the sappy land of love. She's incredibly book smart, but maybe a little naive in the "worldly smarts" department.

Evelyn is what surprised me the most with this story. I didn't know a whole lot about the book when I decided to read it. I expected Evelyn's character to be older and more of a nanny type of character. She wasn't even close to that. She's only 19, for one. She's newly engaged and struggling to keep herself and her thoughts pure. She's one of the sweetest characters ever, and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't charm her way into everyone's heart. I was constantly laughing at her in the first part of the book, and then constantly crying with her as the story progressed.

I had a hard time picturing Sasha as a 30-something year old woman. She relies on help to simply walk and sits in a chair wrapped in a shawl watching birds. I kept picturing her older. She doesn't start off with the best attitude in the world, so as expected, it took a little bit for her to grow on me.

There is just the tiniest bit of fantasy in Finding Our Way Home. It's so tiny, it's almost not even there. I definitely wouldn't label it as fantasy, though. I also wouldn't label it as a romance. It's a story about friendship and family. That said, there are some sexual references throughout the story. It's always when one of the characters are thinking back on memories. It wouldn't consider it edgy or anything, but if you're an extremely conservative reader, it might be a tad much.

Charlene is definitely on my reading list now, and I can't wait to eventually read the other books in the Snowglobe Connections Series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Our Way Home.