Meagan's Reviews > On the Banks of Plum Creek

On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Nov 30, 11

Read from November 18 to 28, 2011

I am re-reading all of the Little House books after reading Wendy McClure's "The Wilder Life". I also wanted to see what my thoughts would be on these books that I hadn't read since childhood. Well I now realize just how poor the Ingalls were and how Pa was a little reckless. Building that fancy new house on credit?! I must say that my memories of this book are different from the actual book. When I was younger I thought that this was my favourite Little House book. I can't say that it is now. (this might be due to the fact that I think I melded Plum Creek with Silver Lake).

**SPOILER*** I kept preparing my self for the awfulness that is Jack's death (which thankfully never came during this book).

I will say that this would be an interesting book to read to a class- during the Christmas season - mainly to compare how much kids now might have to the little that Mary, Laura and Carrie had (and how thankful they were for it!).

Farmer Boy is next- I know , I know, I read them out of order!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Banks of Plum Creek.