Cecilia Quick's Reviews > Deadly Game

F 50x66
Nov 17, 2011

it was ok
Read in October, 2011

This was my least favorite of the series so far. It had a fascinating premise, as Ken, one of a pair of twin snipers, is captured and tortured in a particularly horrific way. His relationship with his twin was by far the best part of the story; I loved it when he brought his unconscious twin to safety first and worried about a pregnant Lily second. And I loved how he was emotionally tortured by his childhood, and how his fear that he was no better than his father threatened to overpower him. Unfortunately, the girl was a moron. Annoying, stupid, stubborn to the point of idiocy. I lost all patience with her. I was right there with Jack for wanting to shoot her and be done with it. And here she's found her great love, who can work with her and help her free her "sisters" which is important to her, and instead of coming up with any kind of plan she releases the girls to run in the woods? Reminded me of Nicholas Nickelby, when Nicholas releases all of the boys from the evil schoolmaster's clutches, and they all run into the woods and freeze to death. I was irritated for days. Had to drink wine and read a murder mystery to get the itch out of my brain.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Game.