Laura de Leon's Reviews > Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories

Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Sto... by Kelly Link

2013736
Jan 05, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, short-stories, sf-fantasy, review-copy, nook, blog-scheduled
Read from November 12 to 21, 2011

I picked up this book because I'm intrigued by Steampunk, and would like to know more about it. I love the look, I find the concept fascinating.

After reading the stories in this anthology, I'm still a little puzzled about how Steampunk plays out. In general, I enjoyed them, I'm just not certain they all met my image of what Steampunk is.

Steampunk meets the Wild West seems like an interesting variant-- the same time period but another location. Steampunk meets ancient prophets and Steampunk meets the Faery world seemed like an interesting something else (I loved the Faery Story, it was one of my favorites in the book).

I think I need to look up a definitive Steampunk work, and base my genre impressions off of that instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories.