Belinda's Reviews > The Night Eternal

The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro

Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: braincandy, fantasy, kindle, intrigue, sci-fi, spooky
Read in November, 2011

NOW WE GET DOWN TO IT. Finally, this trilogy pays off. Did we really need those first two books full of mush? I think one would've been plenty, personally. But anyway, this is "the good one." By the time you get here, the entire planet has been changed, rapidly and forever, divided between the new superior class, the Strigoi, and the humans, who, if they have type-B blood, are used as breeders, and all are used for labor and food... we're no longer at the top of the food chain.

There is just so much closure in this final installment, that you get the idea they barbecued the manuscripts once they were done. Everything. Is. Settled.

It does leave me DYING to see "Mr. Quinlan" on the big screen (because, really, that's all these novels are, is advanced hype for what are sure to be some huge trademark creepy and poignant del Toro films--and I'm sure those films will be awesome; he doesn't let us down often in that medium. Definitely the best of the three, but I still feel like they could've done better. More character dev in Fet, especially, and Gus... So much could've been done there. Oh, well...maybe in the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Eternal.