Liliana's Reviews > Stake That

Stake That by Mari Mancusi

4199142
Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: favorites, vampires, vampire-slayers-or-hunters, young-adult, paranormal-supernatural, humor
Read from December 31, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Oh. My. Gods. Rayne, the goth girl who has always wanted to be a vampire turns out to be a vampire slayer! Seriously! I was in such a shock in the last book that I seriously could not think straight! I mean, a slayer?! But its not all bad, I guess, since Rayne gets to kill only the badies.

For Rayne's very first assignment as a slayer, she finds out that vampires within the Blood Coven seem to be contracting some weird disease and dying from it! What Rayne must do: find out who is spreading the disease and stop it before it reaches the new leader of the coven, Magnus (who also happens to be Sunny's BF). Only Rayne didn't count on running into a vamp already on the case, who was sent by Magnus to investigate. Rayne and this vamp, Jareth, must work together to save the Blood Coven and their leader...not exactly the easiest task when they cant even stand each other!

I LOVED this book!! It was sooo funny...I couldn't stop laughing! Plus it had a great story line.

And Jareth... *sigh* Oh Jareth...I adored him! And he has a sexy British accent ;)
Jareth and Rayne are so funny together! Especially since they hate each other, heh.

I've always said that I love books with twisty endings, and this one...I nearly died myself! It was intense!

This has definitely become one of my favorite series and I recommend to any one who loves vampires! Even if you don't, still very good books :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stake That.