Jackie's Reviews > Zero Day

Zero Day by David Baldacci

F 50x66
Sep 13, 2014

So, I was needing "good read" and I got it with this one. Mr. Baldacci remains one of my favorite authors. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this (probably more than usual because I had just finished a rather disappointing novel from another of my favorites, who maybe won't be one of my favorites any more...but I digress).

One nit-picky complaint: I got a bit weary of reading about how someone was fat. Too many fat someones.

That said, the hero of this one was "larger than life", a nearly perfect example of fitness, brains and soldier. Still, I liked him.

The raw (in my opinion: offensive) language was kept to a minimum - which is a huge plus.

A couple favorite passages:

"It's nice to help the salts of the earth...they usually get the shaft."

"I thought I'd saved her. Couldn't do it. Just like my guys back in Afghanistan. Couldn't save them either. Way it went. Beyond your control. But the Army taught you to control everything. Yourself. Your opponent. What all the training didn't tell you was that the most important things, the ones that actually decided life and death, were almost completely outside your control."

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zero Day.