Katrina's Reviews > Blood Thirst

Blood Thirst by L.A. Freed

Nov 19, 11

Read from November 17 to 19, 2011

Blood thirst is definelty like no other vampire novel I have read. I was drawn in from the very begining with such vivid descriptions and the way in which L A Freed got right into the storyline. THoughts and feeling where certainly well outlined. Im not going to go into much detail with the storyline, I found at first I was engrossed from the first pages, and after half way the read slowed down for me then gliding along at a steady pace.

The storyline still had me intrigued till the end, the background information into Matthews past and ANgela's constant blood thirst was well defined and outlined. The only thing I would like to have seen was more of a connection - chemistry between Angela and Matthew.. I hoping to see more in the next book ..

L A Freed definelty put forth The Vampire manerisms in this read, not holding back on the fact that vampires kill and have no remorse. I found Angela's compassion for animals very different, and her lack of compassion for her kills very much a true vampire trait.. however in saying this Angela seemed to gain compassion at other times not completely draining her victims dry.

L A Freed put forth different traits for her vampires, that I wont mention. I would like to have seen more passion and lust... However this concept is explained also. Not sure I enjoyed the part where I found out male vampires are different to others lol I always envisage, vampires with blood, hot sex, passsion and lust..

But saying this it was an enjoyable read and I will read the next story in this series to find out where Matthew and ANgela's life leads.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Thirst.

message 1: by Meljean (new)

Meljean Brook Holy crap. I don't know anyone else who has read this book, lol. I read it several times when I was in my Anne Rice phase -- and I just saw that she came out with the sequel. Now I'm super-curious ... though I hope she comes out with an ebook version soon.

I still have my copy, but I haven't read it in years (and I think there are probably some things I wouldn't love about it as much now, so I'm afraid to do a re-read). I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

Katrina I must she gets right into it from the very beginning !!! Full of detailed descriptions Ill let you know !!! ;)

Katrina It was a good read Meljean.. but I think Ive read way to many other vampire books, and certain things Id like to see more of, But saying this I am going to read the next book. I didnt find that the two main characters really had any attraction, aka vampires.. blood, lust passion and well I spose hot lovin !! I just didnt grasp a connection really.. Bu the book was well written. I just wanted more lol..

Katrina I meant chemistry lol.. more so than connection..

L.A. Freed Thank you so much for the nice review! The sequel, Blood Divided, and the 3rd book, Blood Feud are all available now on amazon. Blood Thirst has just been released as an ebook. Plans are to release the next two books later this year. I'm so happy you enjoyed my story. Thanks again!