David Greenlees's Reviews > Prophecies Awakening

Prophecies Awakening by Peter Koevari

M 50x66
Nov 20, 11

I've never been a strong reader. I've never really 'enjoyed' it as such, so it takes a special story to capture my attention. I have a certain way of choosing a book... I read the first few pages and if it doesn't grab me, then it goes back on the shelf (or wherever it lives). Needless to say, I read this in a week!

From the opening few pages I just had to know what was going to happen next! Some people have mentioned they weren't too sure about the way the book 'jumps' from present to past, past to present... but I enjoyed it immensely. It kept my mind ticking and challenged me to stop and reflect.

Fantasy is a somewhat new genre for me having only ever read two others, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It was like all my faves joined together in one story (vampires, dragons, knights, elves, etc). The descriptive story telling enabled me to visualise it as if I was watching a movie (another favourite past time), which helps me to forget about the physical act of reading and just become one with the plot.

It is short, but it is also the first of many from a new author. It's like a teaser trailer to an epic series which I cannot wait to be a part of. I'm lucky enough to be on the proof-reading team for book two, and if you thought book one was good... just wait!

I'm very excited to be a part of Peter Koevari's journey, and I look forward to getting 'lost' in many more of his stories.

Even if you've never been a fan of fantasy, please give this one a crack... You'll be surprised.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecies Awakening.