Once Upon a Twilight's Reviews > Blood Born

Blood Born by Jamie Manning

Apr 13, 2012

bookshelves: ouat-blog-tour
Read from November 17 to 23, 2011

Jenny's Review: Another cover that helped me visualize the MC is Blood Born. The entire time I was reading I can actually picture the girl in the cover as Ava. This story has a unique twist to the paranormal books out there and I enjoyed reading it. The characters are very well written and I loved Chance and his protective stance around Ava. Especially since he’s the one who helped her out of the coffin. WOW, I have heard my fair share of vampire stories but this one is new to me. Being buried alive is not something I would ever want to experience, maybe if Chance were there to rescue me I would consider it. Humph, maybe. Aldric is a little strange to me and mysterious but fits right into the story. The author painted a great picture to display his world of paranormal creatures and I loved reading every minute of it.

Imagine waking up inside of a coffin with no recollection of how you ended up there in the first place. Scary huh? Well that’s what happened to Ava. She doesn’t remember her past or even who her parents were and the only person who can tell her isn’t spilling a word. Her creator, Aldric is teaching Ava how to fight and how to live this new life as a vampire. Her hero, Chance has her back every step of the way but he’s hiding something and refuses to tell her. I can’t say any more otherwise I will spill the beans and I do not want to do that.

I conclude that Blood Born is a MUST READ for 2012, I highly recommend it.

Yara's Review: It's great when you get asked to host a blog tour, there is just the one thing you worry about. Will I love the author's book I just agreed to host a tour for? So its always great to read the book and end up loving it, so you don't have to go email the author back and cancel. So its makes the blog tour process a walk in the part when the the participants also like it. Jamie did a great job with his debut Blood Born and making paranormal and vampires his own. In a genre so popular and flooded with stories that deal with Vampires, I'm always amazed when a new author can create something that hasn't been written before.

In Blood Born we follow Avaline "Ava" Blue, Ava wakes up in a coffin. She is buried alive and pretty much freaking out. Then Chance is there rescuing her from that wooden box. What a hero right? Well Chance is also their for more than just rescuing Ava out of the group. He is there ego help Ava understand what she has become. Ava is now half-human and half-vampire. Ava will meet her maker which is Alric and let's just scything won't be easy between them. Ava wants to be different. She might not know who or what she was before waking up in that coffin, but she is determine to be who she wants now in the future. What is Ava to do when her human hero Chance has been kidnapped? This is all I will spill. If I give you more, I will spoil the story and that's not my style.

Jamie is definitely a debut author to read this year. You will be craving book 2, like a vampire needs blood.

review link: http://www.onceuponatwilight.com/2012...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Born.

11/17/2011 page 195