Cindy's Reviews > Don Quixote

Nov 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: book-club, in-translation, 1001-books, own
Read from May 01 to August 24, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don Quixote.

05/06/2012 page 152
16.0% 2 comments
07/17/2012 page 452
48.0% "Slow going... Looking forward to pt 2, though!"

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Wow, Marta will be happy to hear you are going to read this. Olivita was playing "charades" with me and she was acting out Don Quixote.

Cindy Hahahaha! Did she tilt at windmills?

My book club is planning this as a "Big Read" for the middle of next year. Our research says that the Edith Grossman translation is the best. :)

message 3: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Is this the version you have, Cindy?

Cindy This is the translation I plan to read. I haven't gotten it yet, but I saw it's available for Kindle, so I'll do that. Save my wrists!

Stephanie Griffin Best book EVER!

message 6: by Fil (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fil Slow going because of time constraints or because of DQ itself?

Cindy Sadly, both. I'm not sure if I can decouple the two. :( Some of the little adventures in DQ are fantastic, and I can't put the book down. Others are leaving me cold.

message 8: by Fil (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fil Understandable, went through the same thing but happy I read the whole thing (and ecstatic when I finished!).

Cindy Yay! I sure hope I can keep pressing on this. I found it very demotivating that there was no way I could keep up with the group read schedule. I tried getting an early start, but this whole book in 6 weeks was totally un-do-able for me. :(

Cassandra Kay Silva This book has some hilarious moments keep with it! Can't wait to hear how this one goes!