CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?'s Reviews > Shadowflame

Nov 22, 11

bookshelves: couldn-t-finish
Read on November 22, 2011

gifs

Seriously? Are you? This is a joke right? This is Fother Mucking joke, RIGHT? Because I can't. I seriously...I....no. *pinches self* I'll wake up. I'll wake up.

Click for spoilers and curse words because I'm just so...

Lee Pace My eyes

(view spoiler)
61 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowflame.

11/22/2011 page 38
11.0% "Hey, does anyone remember when the main character was less aggresively nuts? I do."

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

heh

I was waiting for this. I didn't read it, the wails of anguish from the internet have put me off the series forever. First book was so great, right? Sucks balls that it's all derailed like it has.

message 2: by CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? (last edited Nov 22, 2011 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? Moss wrote: "heh

GRRRR. Just...so much could've been done with this!

It didn't need to go out this way.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, I know. She saw the split path in front of her and decided to tunnel down instead. What a weirdo. I've totally lost interest in her and her writing.

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? I don't think I've been this annoyed/upset since Charlaine Harris' last book.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems to be the universal reaction. I hear she's a tad upset about the backlash but eh. You makes the choices, you stands by em.

message 7: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH You should go look on the author's blog. I am not sure if it is still there, but there was a lot going on around the time of the release. The (view spoiler) But it was a good book up until that chapter.

The Holy Terror CJ - Dancing on the head of a pin wrote: "I don't think I've been this annoyed/upset since Charlaine Harris' last book."

Duuude, you should know better than to read a book on my "shitlist" shelf. ; )

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? The Holy Terror wrote: "CJ - Dancing on the head of a pin wrote: "I don't think I've been this annoyed/upset since Charlaine Harris' last book."

Duuude, you should know better than to read a book on my "shitlist" shelf. ; )"

I swear I didn't know until I went to review this. Humph. You and AH were dead on.

message 10: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH There, there, CJ. We must find you a 5 star book now.....

message 12: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH How about Angelfall, Unearthly, something by Larissa Ione?

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? never read anything by her.

message 14: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Larissa Ione? Oh, you should try Pleasure Unbound - paranormal romance between a seminous demon doctor (Eidolon) and his demon hunter gal (Tayla). Takes place at Underworld General Hospital (UGH) among other places. Suspend belief, enjoy the smexy times, and hopefully the bad reading experience that was Shadowflame will be wiped from your eyes.

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? I'll check pbs to see if I can get it

message 16: by Susie (new) - rated it 1 star

Susie Love the gifs you used. Awesome!

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly Bush That's the funniest review since Smart Bitches got hold of a Demon's Daughter by Emma Holly.

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? Thanks Holly!

Thanks Susie!

message 19: by LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You (last edited Mar 02, 2012 04:02PM) (new)

LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You Fucking FANTASTIC review, CJ. I'm sorry to bring back memories (like the bad memories I have every time someone mentions Richelle Mead) but I just had to say thank you for the review. I was going through my shelves, doing a little TBR clean-up & saw this book & thought to myself, why the hell is this book still on my TBR? I am NEVER going to read this book. EVER. NOT after what everyone told me David did & what Meredith didn't do which should've been shoving her foot so far up his ass it made David feel like he was getting fucked by 10 dicks in unison. Reading your review only reaffirms my belief that this series should've ended at QoS. And now Shadowflame is off the TBR. Thank you.

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? You are more than welcome Lethal. That's what GR friends are for :)

message 21: by Kaza (new) - rated it 1 star

Kaza I love how you mentioned some things that were inconsistent and bothered me that got overshadowed by the infidelity when I think of this book

message 23: by Pamela (new)

Pamela I can't believe all the one star ratings. I guess I'll put this one on the shelf for later. Too bad since the first one was so amazing. :(

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? I know Pam. I thought that it wouldn't be a problem but trust me it's completely different and out of character and frustrating. But yes, the first book was awesome.

I think that's why it's even more of a letdown

message 25: by Mon (new) - rated it 1 star

Mon Mor JUST FINISHED IT AND WTF WAS THAT oh man, I feel sick. For Real.

message 26: by Pamela (last edited May 12, 2013 07:40PM) (new)

Pamela Mon wrote: "JUST FINISHED IT AND WTF WAS THAT oh man, I feel sick. For Real."

That bad eh? You might as well tell me what made you feel sick. I don't think I'll be getting to the book anytime soon.

Runningrabbit Bloody hell! I'm so glad I read this before I got further. I've only got to about page 35 and had to put it on the backburner for the boredom...

message 28: by CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? (last edited Feb 09, 2015 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? Ugh. I just can't with this. It had such promise this series.