Lisa Kay's Reviews > You Slay Me

You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister

Effrijim: AKA Jim
[image error]

★★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Who knew Barbara Rosenblat had so many funny voices? There is a “Newfie” in this book that she anthropomorphizes with a hilarious “woe is me” tone in his voice – oh, excuse me, a Newfoundland, as Jim prefers to be called! This first in the Aisling Grey, Guardian series is a hoot! Ms. Rosenblat sounds completely different than she does in the Amelia Peabody Mysteries.

Still, I enjoyed this book more than I should have and laughed at all the silly set-up scenarios that contribute to all of Abaddon and the Paris Otherworld chasing after Aisling. Of course, maybe this is worth squabbling over: (view spoiler)

I have no idea if Ms. Rosenblat’s French and Hungarian accents are spot-on or not, but I loved listening to them, both male or female. I’ll definitely continue with the series on audiobooks. . . (view spoiler)

You Slay Me (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Light My Fire (Aisling Grey, Guardian Series #3) by Katie MacAlister Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister Death's Excellent Vacation by Charlaine Harris
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Slay Me.

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

Katie MacAlister
“What do you know about dragons?”
“They're big, scaly, four-legged creatures with wings who terrorized small villages until a virgin was offered up as a sacrifice.”
His grinned again. “I do miss the virgins.”

Katie MacAlister
“You’re not related to the Three Stooges are you? ‘Cause I could swear this escape scene is one of theirs.” ~ Jim”

Katie MacAlister
“Geez, what do I need to do, use semaphore? I told you I was unclaimed.”
Katie MacAlister, You Slay Me

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Great pic Lisa Kay. I've always wanted to read this series. I read the first book in Light Dragons and Jim makes an appearance in that book. I laughed ALOT!

Dragana Jim is my favorite in this series too. :)

Lisa Kay Thanks, Karla!

Lisa Kay Did you listen to the audio, Dragana?

Dragana Lisa Kay wrote: "Did you listen to the audio, Dragana?"

No, I read the ordinary book. I am still an audio-book virgin. LOL