Andrea (Cozy Up With A Good Read)'s Reviews > Honor Bound

Nov 20, 11

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss
Read from November 17 to 18, 2011

Originally posted on Cozy Up With A Good Read

So this is my first romance novel, and the words I have are "Oh My" (continuously). I thought I would try out a romance novel and this one peaked my interest, being classified as a historical romance. I am sorry I did not delve into romance novels earlier. I admit, I could not put this book down! This novel had romance, action, and crime.

Lieutenant Treynor... can I just say yum!! Who wouldn't want a handsome, yet rugged sailor to be their 'knight in shining armour'. I'll take him. And his fiery attitude just draws you in deeper. I can barely come up with words, the book just left me breathless. I just want to keep reading it (but I have a feeling all romances are like this).

The one thing that I thought Brenda Novak did really well was the teasing of the readers. I found myself expecting the romance to come but it was over as soon as it started, and I had to keep coming back. The heat and passion between Jeannette and Treynor is to die for.

I'm definitely glad I started with this book for my first romance novel! I will come back for more from Brenda Novak if they are all along these lines (the historical aspect of it is what really grips me).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honor Bound.