Stephanie's Reviews > Monkey

Monkey by Jeff Stone

Dec 21, 2011

bookshelves: library-paper-hardback-borrowed-boo, top-favorites
Read from December 14 to 21, 2011

Monkey was just as good as the Tiger. I think it was a bit funnier though, loved Malao. Had quit a few twist and turns in this book.
Malao, a young Cangzhen Monk got seperated from his other 4 brothers when there temple was destroyed. He eventually become friends with a white monkey who helps him along the way and he eventually reunites with two of his brothers towards the end. Loved the fighting techniques that Stone puts into the young characters, there very likable.
Can't wait to read the 3rd installment. Although these are considered children books I believe anyone could enjoy these books. If your in a reading slump and looking for a quick read, check these out. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monkey.

12/15/2011 page 39
12/16/2011 page 57
27.0% "X"
12/18/2011 page 68
33.0% "Not much reading done today. Work is getting more hectic, hoping to read more tomorrow."
12/19/2011 page 80
38.0% "If I can get ti page 120 during lunch i'll be done by tonight or tomorrow. As for the book itself i'm still liking book one"
12/19/2011 page 100
48.0% "Should be done with this one tomorrow. I have to get the 3rd one on Wednesday."
show 5 hidden updates…