Darlyn Balo's Reviews > Z for Zachariah

Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

Nov 17, 11

*****REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the book Z for Zachariah. I absolutely hated the ending. If the author intended to write another book and continue it I think it would have been an okay ending, but since the author didn’t I think he should have given us a little more information about what happened to Ann and Mr. Loomis. I also didn’t like how he gave so little information about how the war started, what countries fought in it, and all of the other background information about it. The only character I actually liked was Faro, and of course they had to kill him off. I think Ann is very naïve, and she shows that right away by assuming the people on the radio died just because they went off the air. The Earth is too big and there are too many people in it for there to only be a few people left. Ann also ticked me off when she said she should be friendly to Mr. Loomis after he tried to rape her. I think if nothing else had tipped her off about him before that the attempted rape should have been the absolute last straw. I don’t like how Mr. Loomis always acted like he had as much right to the valley as Ann did. She was the one who kept the animals alive and tended the garden long before he came along. I think he needs to realize that he’s Ann’s guest and she had the power to let him die. I guess if I had to say definitely whether or not I liked it I’d have to say I didn’t like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Z for Zachariah.