Jenna's Reviews > Z for Zachariah

F 50x66
Nov 18, 11

Read in November, 2011

Z for Zachariah Book Review
Overall the book was ok. The book contained some parts that were not interesting but just very bland. If there was more action in the book then I believe that I would’ve enjoyed the book more.
Some positives about the book contained that it gave me some useful information about nuclear weapons. When it overall came down to learning I found out what a Geiger counter was, and that was useful to me because when my uncle came home they wanted to measure the amount of radiation from my dad’s radioactive pills for Thyroid Cancer. It was very useful because I actually knew what they were talking about. The whole situation was very ironic. The book also gave me a chance to look at a book written in the form of a diary. Sadly I wish I knew more about the perspective of Mr. Loomis to help me know why exactly he went after Ann.
Finally I believe that we should have started the English year out with a book that contained more action. We could have experienced learning about the raising action, climax, and falling action instead of focusing on the exposition. I understand why we discussed the book more when the exposition was taking place because it contained more action. I believe if you are going to teach a story you need it to contain all of the short story’s elements.
Again Z for Zachariah was a very basic book that contained very little action to get the reader’s attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Z for Zachariah.