Estara's Reviews > Three Weddings and a Kiss

Nov 18, 11

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2011, re-read, ebook
Recommended for: fans of Lord of Scoundrels
Read on November 17, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 5

Rereading my all-time favourite short story (well, actually it's a category length story) The Mad Earl's Bride - starring the cousin of Bertie Trent, simple brother to the heroine of Lord of Scoundrels and a hero with a medical conundrum.

Yes, it was as good during the umpteenth reread as it was at the start. There's one of my favourite Chase quotes in there - I have to see if it's up on GoodReads or add it - on the effect of physical beauty in a partner on a person who hasn't ever fallen in love before. And a very effective "steamy" bath love scene ^^.

I enjoyed the delicacy with which Chase tried to mingle medical knowledge of the day and symptoms that spell something quite different these days - and the eventual resolution of what was wrong with Dorian.

Bertie Kent is much more loveable in this short story, and the tiny dialogue the heroine has with her mother is golden.

My favourite part of the story is probably the whole-hearted thankfulness and enjoyment the hero develops for being actually loved and accepted - he'll go to any lengths, do things distasteful to him to encourage Gwendolyn to shine and do what she has always wanted to do.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Weddings and a Kiss.