Cyndi's Reviews > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

May 06, 12

Read from May 04 to 06, 2012

Let me begin with the fact that this novel was a great surprise to me. I loved it! It was haunting, beautiful and dare I try a pun, a bit peculiar.

The premise of the story was easily believed and the reader quickly becomes a willing (imho) voyeur to this world that is just beyond the mind's sight.

The juxtaposition of the vintage photographs with the ongoing tale is a wonderful plot device that gives the story it's haunted vibe. They add so much layering and depth. Plus they are a tad creepy!

The ambiguous ending was set to forward the sequel, which I have hopes will be just as beautiful, deep and exciting.

The bird named ladies were a great touch!

I give it 4.5 stars...it is worth your time!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Quotes Cyndi Liked

Ransom Riggs
“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.”

Ransom Riggs
“Sometimes it's better not to look back.”

Ransom Riggs
“I slammed out of the [house] and started walking, heading nowhere in particular. Sometimes you just need to go through a door.”

05/04/2012 page 64
05/06/2012 page 263
75.0% "This has been a surprising, haunting and beautiful story. Totally unexpected."
05/06/2012 page 263