Rebecca's Reviews > A Hidden Fire

A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth   Hunter

Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: from-author, for-review
Read in November, 2011

OK, first did you look at the cover?…well look again, awesome right? I love it! The cover fits the story so perfectly, too. Which for me just does not happen often enough.

Well let me just get this out of the way: I loved A Hidden Fire! In fact when I finished the last page I gushed about it to my husband for about fifteen minutes before I realized I needed to shut up and come write it all down. I will admit that when I got the review request for A Hidden Fire It was the cover that drew me in and then I thought the blurb sounded interesting. I had no idea how wonderfully impressive it was going to be!

The characters that Elizabeth Hunter has created are the driving force behind A Hidden Fire. I fell for each one for different reasons as they all had such depth and flavor. Beatrice has her life mapped out, she is on her way to becoming a research librarian when things take a startling turn. Beatrice: she was smart, trustworthy, and cunning. I would love to be a bit more like Beatrice. Gio has been around for…well lets just say the man has been around for a long time :) Gio needs to get close to Beatrice, so he starts to work with her. Gio being the old guarded man he is never would have thought he was ever in any danger of having feelings for a girl like Beatrice.

This is were Elizabeth Hunter really got me. In almost every adult book that is some form of Paranormal Romance the two main characters are flinging each other’s clothes of and having sex by the middle of the book (not that I have a problem with that). This was not the case in A Hidden Fire Beatrice and the oh so HOT Gio did not follow the PNR formula and it was lovely to truly not know what was going to happen next.

I also enjoyed all the fun elements that were put into A Hidden Fire Like two extremely old vampires who love pro wrestling and when they are questioned about it instead of just saying they enjoy it, they have to try to explain the philosophy behind why it is so wonderful. Another great aspect was the elemental power that each vampire had, it was a nice twist on vampirism itself.

A Hidden Fire is amazing! You need to go pick it up. I am so excited for the sequel This Same Earth, that comes out December 7, 2011.

Happy Reading,

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hidden Fire.

The BookChick Not sure if you're interested but Elizabeth is doing a Q&A from June 4-8:

Rebecca Bookie ≡ The Book Gypsy wrote: "Not sure if you're interested but Elizabeth is doing a Q&A from June 4-8:" Yay! Thanks for letting me know:) I love Elizabeth,she is all kinds of awesome.