KatieBookQueen's Reviews > Beckoning Light

Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: gorgeous-covers
Read from November 18 to 26, 2011

Check out my interview with Alyssa about Beckoning Light:

Beckoning Light is an epic adventure story. By the end of the first chapter I was completely hooked!

This novel sees siblings, Charlotte and Kevin, moving back to their childhood home in Charleston, where they discover a whole different world, literally! The story is told from both Kevin and Charlotte’s point of view. I was a bit unsure about the dual narrative at first but I completely grew to love both characters point of view.

Charlotte is a very relatable character. I loved how well she coped with being taken from the world she knew and just thrown head first into a totally different situation. She grows throughout the story and we see her change from being a quiet, shy fifteen year old into a confident and strong character.

I loved Kevin’s typical, protective big brother ways. The relationship between him and Charlotte was great and I found it really refreshing to get to read his point of view. I especially loved it when he was outraged by the fact that guys find his sister attractive!

I loved the relationship between Charlotte and Calvin – I just wished there was more of it! I found myself rooting more for Liam (the family friend) relationship wise simply because I felt like I knew more about him. It would be interesting to know more about Calvin and his background.

I need to mention Energo – I love the place! I adore novels with completely different worlds in them and I was totally sucked into Energo. I think it reminded me of Narnia in a way; it has the same magical feel to it. I can’t wait to re-enter Energo in the next book.

Beckoning Light is full of adventure, action and romance and I’m highly anticipating the sequel due out in spring next year!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beckoning Light.

11/18/2011 page 54
11/20/2011 page 140
55.0% "Can't stop reading this one!"
show 3 hidden updates…