Mina's Reviews > East

East by Edith Pattou

Jul 18, 12

Read in June, 2011

I really loved the original story of "East O' the sun, West O' the moon", and a sucker for any book related to this enchanting story. So when I heard about East, I didn't even think twice before buying that book and started reading it. And totally fell in love with it. Completely different from the original story, but in a way, I liked it much better. Plus, the story is much more adventurous and magical, with a somewhat similar concept. Nonetheless, I loved it! I really am looking forward to reading more books by Edith Pattou.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read East.

Quotes Mina Liked

Edith Pattou
“East of the sun and west of the moon.' As unfathomable as the words were, I realized I must figure them out, reason it through. For I would go to this impossible land that lay east of the sun and west of the moon. From the moment the sleigh had vanished from sight and I could no longer hear the silver bells I knew that I would go after the stranger that had been the white bear to make right the terrible wrong I had done him.... All that mattered was to make things right. And I would do whatever it took, journey to wherever I must, to reach that goal.”

Edith Pattou
“East of the sun and west of the moon.”

Edith Pattou
“That's the trouble with loving a wild thing: You're always left watching the door.”

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Meredith i really love this story too i really love reading fairy tale retellings this book its actually based off of a nordic myth not beauty an dthe beast but you can definatly see the similaritys. This books is one of my foavorites i love how beautifuly it is writen and i love rose and the adventurous spirtis i could read this book a million times. If you loved this book you would probally like a book based on teh same sotry be interpreted diffrently by jessica day georege the book is called sun and moon, ice and snow i really enjoyed reading this book too also love lots of other books by jessica dy george she is one of my favorite writers.Anways i just love east every part of it is amazing.