Soumi's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Mar 19, 13

bookshelves: books-i-reviewed, nemphilims, young-adult, shadowhunters, owned-copy
Read on March 19, 2013

I finished the book in one breathe and Jem Jem Jem..you are my greatest Sin..mhan you have no right to steal my heart like that. A review must come

description

Clockwork Princess Snippet: Jem and Tessa …

(view spoiler)

Update : 11th july'2012 The cover is revealed and I'm not happy. It not some vintage like Clockwork Angel and Clockwork prince. I heard that Tessa will be in her golden rune wedding dress,and Is that a wedding dress? Also the cover is pretty much similar to the fake ones, I was expecting some originality.

Breaking News* Emma from Lady Midnight is a Carstaires, descendant of Jem, does that mean Jem has a slightest chance to live???This is so WOW. Read more http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
This cover is pretty good huh?
Look What I got
description
I got the last Image from http://ardawling.deviantart.com/art/C...,
183 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

Quotes Soumi Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Some secrets, she thought, were better told; some were better left the burden of the carrier, that they might not cause pain to others.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will,” Jem said. “For all these years I have tried to give you what you could not give yourself.”

Will’s hands tightened on Jem’s, which were as thin as a bundle of twigs. “And what is that?”

“Faith,” said Jem. “That you were better than you thought you were. Forgiveness, that you need not always punish yourself. I always loved you, Will, whatever you did. And now I need you to do for me what I cannot do for myself. For you to be my eyes when I do not have them. For you to be my hands when I cannot use my own. For you to be my heart when mine is done with beating.”

Cassandra Clare
“Yes, he would have done that for Tessa - died to keep the ones she needed beside her - and so would Jem have done that for him or for Tessa, and so would Tessa, he thought, do that for both of them. It was a near incomprehensible tangle, the three of them, but there was one certainty, and that was that there was no lack of love between them.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

03/19/2013 "Guess who is Bother Zachariah? Ha ha ha..he is my.....fill the blanks"

message 1: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody Im so excited to see the cover!!

message 2: by Chellee (new) - added it

Chellee do you know who the girl is?

Soumi God knows who's the girl, it's fake one, waiting to get the original cover but the cover ain't bad, it's a good one

message 4: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody it will be a beautiful cover that is for sure. I cant wait to read this.

message 5: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Her head looks too small for her body.. but good cover though!

Natalie Is this really the last book?!

Soumi yeah, it's going to be the last in series :/, i will miss Jem :/

Soumi :(

Harmoni do we really know if jem will die although its pretty obvious he will. thats a very nice cover...i wishe the girl was a lil prettier though :)

message 11: by Naiomy (new) - added it

Naiomy Pretty cover! Do you guys think ms.clare should add three more books to the series like the mortal instruments, i seriously luv this series way more.

Harmoni YES DEFINATELY ....i love this series :D <3

Soumi I doubt she will add more books or not, but Jem's death is obvious, we have seen Lightwoods, Herondales but no Carstair. Although Tessa made an appearance in City of Glass, i think She's gonna make more appearance in last two books of TMI. that would be gr8

message 14: by Harmoni (last edited Dec 27, 2011 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harmoni good point :( i love jem but i honestly think she will end up with will. Maybe even end up marrying him...what are your thoughts?

Soumi Yeah, me too thinks so.I am complete team Jem though i personally think Tessa and Will are made for each other, they should end up together.

message 16: by Naiomy (new) - added it

Naiomy Jem may be awesome but i am still completely team Will. I agree with you Soumi

Soumi Yes, Will and Tessa are the reflection of Jace and Clary, they are made for each other.

message 18: by Love_books (new) - added it

Love_books i wish for once the heroine will end up with the not SO obvious hero. It never happens ):

Soumi that never happens, but in this case it's good, i want to keep Jem all myself :)

message 20: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary I really do hope that Tessa will end up with Jem. They're perfect together.

Soumi I'm team Jem and I love him more than anything, but still sorry to disappoint you, Do you really think Jem us gonna survive???? :(

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah i believe that they will find a cure, and tessa and jem will live happily ever after and if not i am seriuosly gonna be bummed out.

Soumi ha ha, i hope Jem will find a cure seriously, watching him die will break my heart

message 24: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Um...I'm sorry, and OMG, I cannot believe i'm saying this, but I wouldn't mind if Jem dies....I mean, seriously! if Tess is in LOVE with Will then why be with Jem? I mean he's going to die very soon anyway, so why have all those buckets of tears for someone that is practically in front of death's door? IDK...I'm, like, still deciding...'cause Jem is adorable! but Will is, like, MORE adorable!!!!! Idk idk idk idk idk........OMG! This is such a good series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Soumi Sns wrote: "i think that in the book tessa says that her heart is torn into two, so i think she loves the equally and chose jem because it would benefit them more than choosing will"
Tessa is kind of playing with both, if she loves Will, she should not have engaged with Jem, Such a bitch

message 27: by Love_books (new) - added it

Love_books Soumi (in love with PUCK) wrote: "Sns wrote: "i think that in the book tessa says that her heart is torn into two, so i think she loves the equally and chose jem because it would benefit them more than choosing will"
Tessa is kind ..."

you're not really getting the point here. from what i can remember Will is the one who turned her down and tessa had no way of knowing his intentions behind doing so and i actually admire her for not being one of those stupid needy ya heroins who pines after somebody she can never have and tessa agreed to marry jem BEFORE she found out about the curse yadda yadda so now she really can't do anything because breaking it up with jem will make her appear to be a weak character who easily breaks her promises.

Soumi Love_books wrote: "Soumi (in love with PUCK) wrote: "Sns wrote: "i think that in the book tessa says that her heart is torn into two, so i think she loves the equally and chose jem because it would benefit them more ..."
But will she ever be able to love Jem like she feels for Will?? After getting engaged, whenever she saw Will she still skipped her heartbeat.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Well cassandra said on her tumblr, that Tessa loves them equally as she used the quote about her heart been torn into two, so i am getting the point.

Reeses It kinda feels like Tessa is only with Jem because he's sick, and because she feels an obligation to him. However, I'm not so sure Jem dies for sure in this book. Cassandra Clare has always been known for her surprises and twists so we shall see if he dies. Also, even if Jem doesn't die in this book he's still in love with Tessa and I don't think he'll move on from her, if she leaves him therefore that's probably why his family tree hasn't extended into the MI series. Also, Tessa can't have children so if they do get married (which I hope they don't, no offense to Jem) his family line would once again die out would it not? I'm not sure what to expect with this final book in the ID series, I however know it will not be expected.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't agree with your first sentence I believe she does love jem, in the book she has many passionate moments with him out of love not pity

Soumi Reeses wrote: "It kinda feels like Tessa is only with Jem because he's sick, and because she feels an obligation to him. However, I'm not so sure Jem dies for sure in this book. Cassandra Clare has always been kn..."
Agreed..I'm a team Jem, I will broke if I have to watch him die

message 33: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary ...Now that i think of it.....if Jem dies, then the whole story will be practically ruined...'cause even though Tessa loves the both if them equally, as some people say it (but i'm still to stubborn to think otherwise), Jem's death will not only make her sad but it will ruin Will. Heck, who knows what Will would do? I'm very curious of how Cassandra will fix this mess....like how she did for City of Bones. Wow.......Cassandra you are amazing....but please fix it quickly, i'm really tired of the headaches...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

'I'm very curious of how Cassandra will fix this mess....' thats what makes this love triangle the best one ive read so far, there is no solution!

message 35: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary awwww....that's no fun....Well I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

You never know!

message 37: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky Love the cover

message 38: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Is that Tessa?

message 39: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky Yes, I think that's Tessa

Reeses Why is this coming out so late?

message 41: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky I think it's coming out so late, cause Ms. Clare, has to write The Mortal Instruments, and do book signings for City of Lost Souls, which comes out in May.

Soumi I'm more eager to get Clockwork Princess than City of Lost Souls

message 43: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky Me too. Unlike the Mortal Instruments, this book is way better. The characters, the plot, the adventure! Keeping you hooked on every paragraph! Amd the romance is like nothing I've ever seen before! I just hope Tessa ends up with Will :-D

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

sky wrote:"Me too. Unlike the Mortal Instruments, this book is way better. The characters, the plot, the adventure! Keeping you hooked on every paragraph! Amd the romance is like nothing I've ever seen before! I just hope Tessa ends up with Will :-D " exactly! i kinda hate clary in the other series but i love tessa!

message 45: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky I love Clary, but I LOVE Tessa! I wish i could be Tessa :-D She lives my dream life...she's got Will :-)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Soumi Sky wrote: "I love Clary, but I LOVE Tessa! I wish i could be Tessa :-D She lives my dream life...she's got Will :-)"

And she got Jem, sometimes I feel to snatch him out of pages and make mine

Nobonita That's strange....where does Tessa appear in the city of glass?Did I miss it out?By the way, Soumi if u tell me you've already read the clockwork princess, Im gonna get really mad :@

Soumi Nobonita wrote: "That's strange....where does Tessa appear in the city of glass?Did I miss it out?By the way, Soumi if u tell me you've already read the clockwork princess, Im gonna get really mad :@"
Lolz...don't worry...but I wish i would and had a chance to see you mad...lolz

message 50: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky Sns wrote: "haha yeah! not only that but i just love her personality and how she handles situations" I know :-D Tessa is awesome!

« previous 1