Kirsti's Reviews > Five Run Away Together

Five Run Away Together by Enid Blyton

Nov 16, 11

Read in November, 2011

"Five run away together" the third in the series. In this one, Anne, Julian, Dick and George are surprised to find their Aunt Fanny is quite ill when they return for the holidays, and their loyal cook, Joanna, is also away! She's been replaced by a nasty woman called Mrs Stick, and her son Edgar. A few days into the holiday, Aunt Fanny gets really ill, and Uncle Quintin takes her to the hospital and stays with her until she's better.

The children, and Timmy the dog, soon find themselves at War with the Sticks and their horrible dog Stinker. George decides to head for Kirrin Island to get away, and the others go with her. Here they foil a nicely put together kidnapping plan. They have fun camping in a newly discovered cave, and as always things turn out perfectly for them.

Even though this is another book set on Kirrin Island, I quite liked this one. The story is more of them against the Sticks, and the adventure comes in quite late. Another quick read, but an enjoyable one. Yet again, these kids eat such delicious food my mouth waters, and I have to content myself with cups of coffee and soup while reading!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Five Run Away Together.