Angel 's Reviews > Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?: Politically Incorrect's Greatest Hits

Does Anybody Have a Problem with That? by Bill Maher

190365
Nov 22, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: commentary-and-opinion, current-affairs, politics-and-political-science, pop-culture
Recommended for: Bill Maher fans
Read from November 16 to 22, 2011 , read count: 1

This is basically a collection of Maher's monologues and some guest quotes from his show Politically Incorrect. On the one hand, much of the material has not aged well; it covers mostly the decade of the 1990s, so the references are pretty much of the time. On the other hand, a few pieces do remain timeless, and in one or two cases, even relevant to the situations we see in society today. I did not rate this higher because the quality of the pieces is fairly inconsistent. Some are good; a few are brilliant; a lot are just so-so. However, if you want to take a trip down memory lane to see the pop culture of the 90s, Maher does provide a good picture of it. So, an ok book. Personally, I've liked his later book a bit better. Maher fans may want to read it if they feel a need for completion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does Anybody Have a Problem with That?.

11/18/2011 page 105