Lain's Reviews > Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business

Socialnomics by Erik Qualman

Nov 20, 11

bookshelves: not-going-to-finish
Read from November 16 to 20, 2011

This book was so poorly written that it became too painful to read and I quit at page 74. It was poorly edited, full of grammatical and spelling errors, and not much new information. was presented. We know that social media was a big player in the 2008 election. So what? What can small business owners take to apply to their own businesses?

The book uses examples taken from previously published information, as well as in formal conversations with what seems to be a friend or two. Grandiose statements and conclusions are made by the author, but they aren't really backed up with specific data, nor are they used to make recommendations for today's businesses. The random italicizing of words also contributed to the haphazard feel.

I was sorely disappointed, particularly because this came highly recommended from a respected mentor.

Do your self a favor and skip this one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Socialnomics.

11/20/2011 page 74

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christi (new)

Christi Lain, thank you for your honest review. I'm sitting in a presentation right now that recommended this book. I went to add it to my "to read list". But now I'll skip it.

Teri I'd recommend Gary Vaynerchuk if you're looking for books small businesses can use.