Crystal's Reviews > 1Q84

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

F 50x66
Jan 02, 2012

Read from December 12, 2011 to January 02, 2012

A beautifully sprawling yet tightly written masterpiece from from not quite Western, not quite Japanese writer Haruki Murakami. Get lost in a 900-page story and change the way you look at the moon forever.

For a taste, check out the excerpt "Town of Cats" that was published in the New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/feat...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1Q84.

12/21/2011 page 371
40.0% "My life is a constant struggle between tending to biological needs and the burning desire to keep reading this book."

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Oooh. Do you have a hard copy, or electronic?

message 2: by Crystal (last edited Dec 12, 2011 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal Hard copy. It's 900 pages long, you don't want an electronic copy imo. I placed a hold at the library like 6 weeks ago, and I was 284th in the queue. Finally got the book on Saturday, only 75 pages in so far but it's really good, and reads quickly except I keep wanting to reread passages.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gotcha. I may try to get it from Columbia library, but I was going to bug you to borrow it if it was your own copy :)

Crystal Yeah, I've already had someone else ask to borrow it but I'm going to have enough trouble as-is finishing it in 3 weeks. Good luck with finding at Columbia, or maybe splurge on a copy yourself, it looks very nice on a coffee table. :P