Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)'s Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

Apr 05, 2016

bookshelves: arc-physical, arc-electronic, 2011, from-netgalley, requested-for-review, 4-star, age-young-adult, genre-paranormal, genre-romance, genre-thriller, genre-contemporary
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011 , read count: 1

An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

Sylvia isn't your normal high school girl. She's a narcoleptic, but not only does she have no control sleeping, she slides into a person when there's a strong imprint attached to an item. Kind of creepy if you think about it, but she has no control over it.

No one knows that she slides into people's lives, not even her best friend Rollins. Then one Friday night alone, she slides into a body of someone murdering her sister's best friend Sophie. The killer places a note making it seem Sophie killed herself. Sylvia is the only witness to this murder and she can't tell anyone about it.

I really enjoyed this book. It's such a fast paced read, that I read it in one sitting. The concept is unique and the mystery evolving kept me flipping the pages.

Obviously I can't stand the high school cliques of cheerleaders terrorizing their fellow students just because they're different, but what can you do? I've always hated seeing the weak get bullied and I love that Sylvia was one to stand up for herself. I also like re fact that she has pink hair. Her reason to dye it was definitely plausible.

RATING 4/5

QUOTES
“Death is always there, whispering in your ear. It's in the spaces between your fingers. In your memories. In everything you think and say and feel and wish. It's always there.”Sylvia (page 23)

“I am tired of running away from who I am. I'm ready to embrace all of me, good or bad.”Sylvia (page 185)
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.

04/04 marked as: read

message 1: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Smiley My tbr pile is ji-norm-ous and keeps growing, especially with all these great books you've been reviewing. :)