Tracey (YA Book Addict)'s Reviews > Drowning Instinct

Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick

Jun 24, 12

Read from June 20 to 22, 2012

This book was all kinds of intense!! It gripped me in its clutches and just wouldn't let go!!

I know that a student, teacher relationship is wrong. I know that the older man, 16 year old girl relationship is wrong. But in the context of this story where two characters are broken, and yes, I do think that Mr Anderson is broken, even if to a different degree to Jenna, I find my heart happy that they each have someone to show them that they are loved and cared for even while my head knows it shouldn't be happening!! We all have that need. The desire to feel and know that someone is there who loves us and cares about us. Especially at our lowest points!

Yes, there were things that happened in the book that made me go 'WHAT?' The main one that comes to mind is a trip that Jenna's parents take, but looking back, these are the two most self centred people ever, so I kinda get it!! But anyway, I could overlook those things because this book is so awesome!! Yeah, I know I sound vague, but I don't want to spoil things for you!!

Drowning Instinct is written fantastically, it's gripping, it's suspenseful, it makes you think!! And here I am, some 24 hours after finishing it and it's still churning around in my tummy and my head!! Read it!! You'll love it!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drowning Instinct.

Quotes Tracey Liked

Ilsa J. Bick
“What's the point of not taking chances? I don't know if I could stand living my whole life afraid.”
Ilsa J. Bick, Drowning Instinct