Rebecca's Reviews > The Host

Jun 09, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read in June, 2008

Oh my...what a great book. I think that my husband was ready to kick me out of the house because I just could not put it down. This book made me laugh and cry and feel and think. It was a great read with so much character development. I look forward to see future Stephenie Meyer books out there. I loved this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaime (last edited Jun 10, 2008 09:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaime Just got this at Costco a few days ago and I'm trying not to get too sucked in (My boys and Jake hate it when I'm too wrapped up in my books).

Jaime OK, so I finished this book yesterday. Having finished it, I can now say I liked it. Can't say I loved like I know so many others are saying. I liked the questions/lessons the book brings up; what makes us human? Are we as humans worthy of our planet? Are we aware of how incredible our bodies are? How much of love is physical and how much emotional or spiritual? Yet I thought the book really lagged in the middle. There was no long term plot or antagonist, but instead several little stories/plots within the entire novel. There were times when I felt like screaming- "enough already! Where are you going with all of this?!" but Meyer raps it up nicely at the end and once I'd finished I found myself missing some of the main characters and their thoughts/personalities.

Worth reading? Yes. However, I personally don't feel the book deserves as much credit as its gotten.